As ever it's that time of the week again to take part in the hodgepodge. If you want to take part then answer the questions below and then link back after by clicking on the badge.
1. What's something you're never too young or too old to enjoy?
I would say toys. I still have games from when I was a child that I still love to have a play at.
2. Share one happy memory from your high school years.
Oh I have too many to choose from! One that comes to my mind a lot though is when I was in year 10 (15 years old) and my friend Lorraine and I did not want to take part in the sports day trials. It was boring and the teachers clearly preferred the more athletic students. We on purposely did badly so we weren't put through to the next round and were told to go and play netball. Instead we walked round to the back of the tennis courts and chatted for an hour. We had the best chat that day talking about what we wanted to do when we leave school. Even though we weren't supposed to be doing what we were doing it was one of the best conversations I ever had with anyone.
3. A nationwide strike of fast food employees took place in the U.S last week...they're calling for higher wages and the right to unionise. Your thoughts?
I am a big advocate for free speech and as long as they protested safely then I am all for it. In saying that many companies, workers and people would love higher wages wouldn't they? And sometimes I feel that striking isn't the best thing to do. I think there are more proactive ways of getting the message across than losing a day of wages to protest. I do think it's a good idea to unionise as it would give them more of a voice and have someone to speak on behalf of them all.
4. September is national honey month...what's a favourite dish you make that calls for honey?
My asian spiced gammon calls for honey in it's glaze. I mix honey, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and sesame seeds to form a thick glaze over the meat.
5. If you notice someone with a tag sticking out, a button unbuttoned, a shirt on inside out, or some leftover lunch stuck in between their teeth. Do you say something or keep quiet?
No I would say something and it's not to be mean at all. It's just I would want someone else to call me out on it so I would only do the same in return.
6. What movie always makes you cry? Or at least makes you feel like crying?
Forrest Gump always leaves me with a lump in my throat.
7. 'Mary Had A Little Lamb' was written in May of 1830, and published in Juvenile Miscellany in September of that same year. Now for the fun part...create you own four line rhyme using the same title.
Mary had a little lamb
She also had a Hen.
The lamb and hen became good friends
And hid from Mary in their den.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Has anyone watched Downton Abbey? My friend leant me her box sets of the series so far and I am addicted!!! How have I not watched it sooner? I've gone through all 3 series in 5 days.