Happy August Hodgepodgers! If you want to take part then please do by answering the questions below and then link up on Joyce's blog.
1. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week...what's one thing you could do this week to qualify as a participant?
I think I could sort out my mess of a bedroom/drawers. It would certainly make my life easier looking for certain items of clothes.
2. It's also National Peach Month...peach pie, peach cobbler, or please pour me a Bellini? What's your peach pleasure?
I do really like the flavour of a peach. I do love a peach crumble and I love the alcoholic drink peach schnapps!
3. Eleanor Roosevelt once wrote "do one thing everyday that scares you." Agree or disagree...explain.
When I first read this I instantly thought yes I agree but the more I think about it I sit on the fence. I agree life is for living and the majority of things we get scared/nervous about have a happy outcome. So yes doing something that scares you is very thrilling but everyday? I think that's a bit excessive.
4. What's your favourite household chore? yes - you have to name one.
There are two chores I don't mind doing and that's the clothes washing and mopping floors.
5. Fodors recently listed (what they've dubbed) the ten most beautiful sunset spots in America. Click here to read more and see the pretty pictures, but here is their list:
Butterfly Beach in Santa Barbara CA, Mount Haleakala in Maui HI, Old Fort Marcy Park in Santa Fe NM, Laguna Beach CA, Hopi Point in Grand Canyon AZ, Four Seasons in Miama FL, Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica CA, Gay Head in Martha's Vineyard MA, Ensign Peak in Salt Lake City UT, and Mallory Square in Key West FL.
Have you seen the sun set from any of these spots? If you could choose to watch the sun set this weekend from one of these spots, which would you choose? Where was the prettiest sunset you've ever seen?
As I was reading the list I kept saying 'I've been there!' to a few and wished I had seen a sunset and knew about it. I have been to Miami and various places in California where they had stunning sunsets. I have stayed in Key West (not Mallory Square) and visited Hopi Point at the Grand Canyon but not at sunset - boo wish I had now! I have seen a sunset at Santa Monica Pier though which I thought was really pretty!!! If I could choose to see a sunset this weekend then it would probably be from Hawaii! My favourite sunset has to be between a sunset I saw on Boobie's Bay in Cornwall or Menorca, Spain. They both took my breath away!
6. What's your favourite or most used app?
I would have to say Twitter. It's the one up on my phone that I check on a regular basis. I also use Whatsapp/BBM a lot to message friends.
7. We've recently passed the halfway mark for 2013...write a seven word sentence that sums up your year thus far.
Been the best and worst of times.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This weekend I went to a H.O.G rally for a friends birthday. I had no idea what kind of rally it was until I turned up. It was for Harley Davidson fans! H.O.G - Harley Owners Group. Duh! It was fun though, even if I did make the mistake of wearing shorts and was freezing by midnight. It was strange to be in a totally different community of people. But I have to say some of the bikes were beautiful!