1) What's something someone might ask you for help with?
Where do I start? In my line of work I get asked for help everyday from going to the toilet, getting rid of pain, assisting to surgery, chaperoning consultants. On a personal basis a lot of my friends ask me on help with birthday/Christmas present ideas for their loved ones.
2) What's something you might ask someone else for help with?
I am not very good on the phone. I will always ask someone to help me answer calls or ask another person to call on behalf of me. I really have no idea why but I get my words jumbled up and I always always always forget to pass messages on if I take a phone call. I can make simple phone calls like making appointments but when it comes to sales calls or trying to cancel something (e.g. car insurance) then I am so bad and need help.
3) Did your family take summer vacations when you were a child? If so, where did you go?
Yes I was very lucky as a child as we quite often took two family holidays a year. We normally went somewhere in the UK during summer half term and then in the summer holidays we went away. We usually went to Spain, the Spanish islands or Portugal.
4) Pool-Lake-Ocean...which is most appealing to you on a hot summer day?
I would have to say the pool. I have never swam in a lake and I am not a fan of the salty taste of the sea. So I would have to say pool - especially if it is really cool as then it's really refreshing!
5) Have you ever justified the saying 'got to be cruel to be kind?' Was it really necessary or were you just rationalising it?
I think the last time I really meant it was in my last relationship with my ex I was just not happy anymore and I had fallen out of love with him. I knew I had to be cruel by breaking up with him but in the long run I was being kinder because we both knew the relationship had ended.
6) The Journal of Psychology recently mentioned the results of a survey identifying the ten most hated foods as liver, lima beans, mayonnaise, mushrooms, eggs, okra, beets, brussel sprouts, tuna and gelatine. Of those foods how many do you actually hate? Anything you'd add to the list?
I only hate 3 things on that list and they are liver, lima beans and tuna. The rest I either like or will eat if theres not an abundance on my plate. I would add chick peas and sultanas to the list -eugh!
7) What's your favourite movie or book set in a beach or lake town?
I remember reading a Nicholas Sparks book a couple of years ago called The Notebook (it's a great film too!) It is set in Charleston, South Carolina - which I know is not a lake or beach town. But the lead male - Noah - builds a beautiful lake house and I so wish it really existed to go stay there!
8) Insert your own random thoughts.
This weekend just gone Simon and I went to Henley Regatta! It is an annual rowing gala where rowing teams from across the world come to compete. The weather was glorious and we hired a boat ourselves to go up and down the Thames. I wish we were still there!
Simon and his Dad this weekend towing the boat.