Wednesday Hodgepodge...here are this week's answers to this week's questions!
1. This week's Hodgepodge is Volume 123. What's something you've done recently that was as easy as 1-2-3?
I cooked Jambalaya a few weeks ago which I thought would be really hard. Turns out one of the easiest dishes I have ever cooked and only took half an hour from start to finish!
2. The Wednesday Hodgepodge also happens to fall on the first day of May ...what is something you may do this month?
Prepare everything for Florida! Still need to sort out insurance, holiday money, clothes, the post codes of hotel addresses to drive to. I am getting really excited for this holiday now.
3. The Englishman Horace Walpole is credited as saying, "The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think" How do you see it?
mmm I definitely agree with the first line as I am a person who 'feels' things so the world is sort of a tragedy. I see it as some people can get very emotionally attached and as the saying goes 'don't let the world get you' can ring true for some people (definitely like me as I let the world get to me). But I know some people, like my Dad, who would see the world as a sort of comedy. He thinks more and rationalises things a lot more easily. He understands the world is a crazy place to live in and accepts we can't do a lot about things (whereas in my mind we can!). So to him the world is sort of like a stage and we should revel in it rather than worry.
4. May is National Hamburger Month...how often do you eat a burger? What are your must-haves when it comes to burgers? I assume you vegetarians won't be celebrating so tell us what you'd like instead?
I probably have a burger maybe once a month but it's one of those foods that I am not at all fussed about. I am not the biggest lover of mince meat so I would go more for a chicken burger. When I do have a burger I love salad, gherkin and mayonnaise!
5. Pansies, petunias, geraniums, impatiens...of the four mentioned, which is your favorite in a patio pot? Will there be pots on your patio this spring? (Or whenever spring comes to your part of the globe?) Who does the gardening at your house?
Pansies are quite popular in my household. I do not have green fingers but my parents certainly love doing up the garden in the warmer months. Tulips are overrunning my garden at the moment though.
6. When did you last (literally or figuratively) shout "Mayday, Mayday!"
When I had a cardiac arrest call a few weeks ago. I used the words HELP instead of Mayday though.
7. Say farewell to your April in ten words or less.
Thank you for being more sunny! Keep it up!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Cohen had a great first birthday! Nicola sent me this photo yesterday of him inside his present. I really look forward to warmer temperatures so he can play outside with water in it. I have a one year old nephew!