1. April 15th is the deadline for Americans to file their state and federal income tax returns. What’s a job you do on a regular basis that could be described as ‘taxing’?
Audits! Every month at work we have to do audits on so many things. I am currently doing a pain audit on 50 random patients my work have looked after. Trawling through massive notes to look for answers is very very taxing!
2. I’m participating in the April A-Z blog challenge, and the Hodgepodge happens to fall on Day O this week. In keeping with that theme…olives, onions, oysters, okra…of the foods mentioned, what’s your favorite O food?
I think I would have to say onions but olives a close second. I don't like oysters but have always wanted to try okra.
3. What is something memorable you experienced as a child that your own children (or future children/nieces/nephews) will not get to experience?
When I was little I loved buying a film on VHS. Even though I prefer DVD's (as they're more compact and easier to use). I still loved walking into a shop or video store when I was little to rent/buy a film.
4. Term limits for our elected officials…your thoughts?
Yes, definitely. I think we have seen what can happen if people are in power too long. It's good to have change.
5. On April 18th, 1775, Paul Revere made his famous ‘midnight ride’…when did you last make a midnight ride? Perhaps the fate of a nation wasn’t hanging in the balance, but tell us where you were headed anyway.
I have never heard of this guy or story but I am assuming he was some sort of messenger to warn people of their fates/bad news? The last late night night ride I took was probably a couple of years ago. Where I had got in from a night out and my friends and I were starving. We went in search of food but at 3am nowhere was open, so we ended up having waffles from the the freezer!
6. What would freak you out more…a mouse running across your floor or a big fat hairy spider?
7. I love it when people ask me________________________?
I do like it when people ask why went into the nursing profession. I want to be a positive advocate for it. Also, I liked being asked where I am going on holiday this year. It puts me in an excitable holiday mood.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
There are so many things playing on my mind at the moment, particularly stemming from the news. I am still so saddened about the Boston marathon bombings- it's just crazy and such a waste! The earthquakes in the middle east that occurred yesterday too. Today is quite a divisive day in the UK as a previous prime minister - Margaret Thatcher - is having her ceremonial funeral (even if I wasn't her biggest fan!) I think this week has taught me that nothing is a given.