This Hodgepodge comes from a very sunny England. It makes me happy and long may it continue!
1. April showers bring May flowers...what have you been showered with this month?
I feel like I am going to jinx it but April has been a really good month in terms of weather! There have been more sunny days than rainy ones and I am embracing it.
2. What is the nature of compassion? Is it learned or innate? Can compassion belearned? If you're a parent is this something you've purposely sought to instill in your children, and if so how?
I would have to say it is more learned. I grew up with parents who taught me that not everything is sunshine and roses. I learnt about death, illness and grief at quite a young age. I guess I learned how to become compassionate. In saying that I think some people are more compassionate than others, but I still think that's a learned response than an innate one.
3. Do you prefer to watch romantic comedy or romantic drama...or are you rolling your eyes saying bring on the action flicks?
I really like both! I am a romantic at heart but I would say I prefer romantic drama a little more. I think some romantic comedies are a little too cheesy and off the beat with reality.
4. It's April which means baseball season is officially upon us here in the US of A. Humphrey Bogart is quoted as saying "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." Agree or Disagree?
I don't think I can comment on that since I have never been to a baseball game. But if I am honest I would go for roast beef anywhere in the world over a hot dog.
5. What's something in your community or city that needs fixing or improving?
The potholes need doing, they're everywhere from the cold weather we had this winter. In a more serious sense I think my area needs a more stimulating environment for kids. There's too much louting around. I drive home some nights and see kids hanging out on street corners- surely they have something better to do? But then I think there is actually nothing for them to do!
6. Share a song you enjoy that mentions flowers or a specific flower in its title.
The first song that comes to my head is 'I wish I was a punk rocker (with flowers in my hair) by Sandi Thom. This song came over the radio on my first ever drive by myself after I lost my 'L' plates. They were good times and I think this song speaks A LOT of truth. Don't you agree?
7. April 22nd is Earth Day...do you believe there's life on other planets? That wasn't the question you were expecting was it?
I believe in life such a vegetation and water on other planets. But I don't believe there is actual human life or aliens out in space.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
When hodgepodge comes back around next week my little nephew would have turned one years old! He has a first birthday party with his little friends this Saturday. He really is growing too quickly for my liking! Also, I completed the couch to 5k challenge and can now run for 30 minutes non stop. This is a huge achievement for me! I am not going to build on it to run for an hour. Wish me luck!