I think Spring has finally started to settle here in dreary old England! I woke up this morning at 6am and it was day light outside, not damp darkness! Plus, the birds were singing - hopefully lighter evenings and warmer days are upon us!
1. March 20th is the first day of spring...is she a lion or a lamb in your part of the world?
I would say a Lamb in my part of the world.
2. What's the most dreaded task on your spring clean to-do list? Do you have a 'plan of attack'?
Funnily enough I had a bit of a spring clean yesterday. I cleaned out all my drawers and wardrobe of clothes I just don't wear any more. Guess I need to shop to fill those empty spaces up now right?
3. Peas...love 'em or hate 'em? What's a favorite dish you make using peas?
I like peas. I don't love them as they're not my favourite vegetable. They're also not the healthiest of veggies because of their above average sugar content. I do love them with fish and chips though- I can't not have them with that dish!
4. Do you feel under appreciated?
I guess I am 50/50 with this one. Yes, they're days where I feel like I work my backside off and don't even get a simple thank you. There are times where I think I am really flexible with my shifts at work and let my managers swap and change them around last minute. But when I request a shift and they get a bit funny I think 'gee thanks!' Yet on the whole I feel like I am appreciated most of the time from my boyfriend, family, work and patients which I cannot complain about at all.
5. Have you been using Google Reader? If so, what are you switching to now that GR has announced retirement? If not, how do you read your favorite blogs?
I just use blogger to look up blog posts. But I have signed up to Bloglovin just in case they decide to get rid of that!
6. Anne Bradstreet is credited with the following quote~
"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
Agree or Disagree? Why?
I 100% agree with this. I think we have to go through certain storms, trials and tribulations in order to know what 'good' feels like to us. I also think it allows us to appreciate what we have and look forward to the pleasant times a lot more.
7. When did you last 'spring for something'? What was it?
This may be gross but I was taking a drain out of patients knee today. When I can honestly say it sprung a leak with blood protruding everywhere. I sprung for the gauze and sterile wipes like a mad woman!
8. Insert your own random thought here?
I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I did not know what to get my nephew for his first birthday next month. I decided to get him a paddling pool (which is suitable for 1 year olds). I also bought a bag of balls so he can covert the pool into a ball pit for the winter months! I hope he likes it.
Also, my cousin turns 18 today. I remember the day she was born which makes me feel really old. Have an awesome day Helen!
|Picture of us from 2009.|