Yay for entering into March in two days!!! I cannot wait for spring and lighter evenings to come already.
1. When were you last facing an ocean? Using just ONE word, describe how you felt as you faced that ocean.
I was last facing an ocean in Australia. Well I was facing the sea (Tasman and Coral sea depending on where I was on the east coast) which then leads into the Pacific ocean. I was also facing the Pacific ocean last March when in San Diego.
First dip in the Pacific Ocean (March 2012). After this picture was taken I turned to my friend Lotte and said "Just think in November we will be on the other side of this ocean!"
And here I am at Palm Beach in Australia (November 2012). On the other side of the Pacific Ocean. I just felt AMAZED!
2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?
I hate the gagging/vomiting/retching sound. It makes me feel so ill! I also hate the sound of chalk being written on the board because it is bound to squeak at some point. Lastly, the sound of the crash bell at work. Adrenaline shoots through me like anything. Luckily I don't hear it very often which is a good thing!
3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit?
It really depends if I can be bothered on the day. I am not the worlds biggest fan of shopping for myself. On most occasions I do try in store, only because if I take it home and it doesn't fit I then have to find the time to take it back.
4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day...are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell?
I tried them a couple of years ago and I hated them. Last Christmas I tried pistachio ice cream and that wasn't nice on my taste buds either. So not a fan it seems!
5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary?
I think I have to compromise on a daily basis. Particularly at work where I have to compromise with patients medications, discharge procedures, their physio etc. I find compromising quite easy, simply because I cannot deal with the hassle of making life harder for myself by not doing so.
6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response?
I have written to my member of parliament (MP) a few times and had responses back. He is also on twitter, Facebook and has his own blog I can contact him on.
7. We 'March' into a new month at the end of this week...what's something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?
March means Spring and that makes me smile! Also, our clocks go forward at the end of March which means lighter evenings. On the 10th March is Mothers Day and I LOVE spoiling my Mum!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I passed my ILS (Immediate Life Support) course last Saturday. It was one of the hardest practicals of my life! It was not helped by the fact I was feeling really under the weather with a blocked nose and migraine. But I got through it and now have a lot more experience (and a certificate) in team leading priority/crash calls for a deteriorating patient. On another note if you have travelled to the Caribbean could you check this post out and let me know where you went/what you thought? Thinking of going there for a holiday and would love others opinions. So many islands to choose from!