Welcome to Wednesday Hodgepodge!
1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close? Do you have a plan to make it happen?
My finances I would have to say. I am still paying off my Car, Simon's Mac and only just finished paying off Florida. By the end of 2013 all these direct debits will be non-existent!!!
2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?
I'd have to say when I was 16 and doing my Saturday job at a local supermarket. I had to wear this truly awful lime green and blue shirt with a bright yellow badge with my name on. I only worked there for 6 months before I got a better paying weekend job. I remember actually burning that shirt - gross thing!
3. What was your last kitchen 'mishap'? This question comes to you courtesy of Bettywho blogs over at A Glimpse Into Midlife...everyone go say hi to Betty!
*waves* Hi Betty! I have to say I have a lot of general kitchen mishaps in spilling things and burning my fingers on hobs. I do remember when I was 14 I was trying to reach something from a high cupboard so I used the tumble dryer door as my lever. Well it wasn't such a strong door as it turned out. It snapped off and I had to save up my pocket money as pay back.
4. How do you protect yourself from other people's negativity?
I kill them with kindness. If someone is generally rude, misgiving or really down all the time then I am just extra nice. In my job we have some really grumpy consultants so it makes me even more forthright in being overly kind. Not in a cheesy way just the sayings like "Have a nice day!" and "Hope you enjoy work today". I completely understand that we all have off days but if I come across people who are just in general more down beat then I try to rise above it almost. I don't have the time, let alone the patience, to tolerate it! Always smile because it irritates negative people.
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
I take after my Mum. I was born blonde hair and green eyed like her compared to my siblings who are dark hair and brown eyed like my Dad. Although, I do see a resemblance of myself in my auntie and older sister too!
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day...will you be celebrating?
I never knew that existed! But no I didn't. I usually spend the 8th January telling people it's exactly a month until my birthday, which is way more fun!
7. Some of the 'world's best winter festivals' are - Mardi Gras (New Orleans),Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), Venice Carnivale(Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
Most definitely attend Rio. The carnivals look so vibrant and I think I would totally let myself go and not have a care in the world.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I watched a programme last night about lads/girls holidays where you spend your time on the club scene drinking, having sex and taking part in drunken antics! Has anyone been on these "holidays"? I can't even call it a holiday because I don't see any real fun being had in it, just appears to be competition. Maybe it's my growing age but I just think it's absurd that people would go to places like these? It's worrying they even exist!