18 months ago I booked my dream trip and at the time it seemed like an eternity until I reached the day I went.
Australia is happening TODAY!
I really cannot believe that TODAY I am going to the country I have wanted to visit since I was little. I have 3 weeks with so much planned. I just hope it doesn't go as quickly as the trip has arrived.
I am back on the 30th November and it'll be strange not to read blogs but I sure hope I have some amazing experiences to tell you about upon my return.
Please cross your fingers and toes for a few things:
1) That I survive the flight and not just literally survive the flight. I also mean that my boredom doesn't drive me insane! It's a 23 hour flight with a one hour stop over in Hong Kong. I am just hoping the excitement overtakes and makes the flight more tolerable.
2) That I don't miss Simon too much. This has to be the hardest part about leaving. I know some people would kill for a trip like this but it doesn't make the missing any easier. It's the longest we have been apart and it costs a bomb to text/call. I will find it hard to go from seeing/talking to my best friend everyday to sending just the one text a day. (Really trying not to cry as I type this, I have shed enough!)
3) That I stay safe and don't develop sea sickness on the cruise! I have never been on a cruise before.
4) You keep the Airmail Christmas movement spreading. The more the merrier!
5) That I just have the time of my life!
See you in 3 weeks everyone!